Freitag, 14. Februar 2014

New dress pattern

I do love a nice dress. But since I'm 5'11" buying dresses (or any kind of clothing) is rather diffcult for me. Today I bought a new sewing pattern for a summer dress. I printed all 49 pages and solved the jigsaw. I'm not sure I like printing patterns better than copying them ;-)

The first three pages. And the pile of sheets that still had to be put together right next to them.


Although it takes some time, the system is very easy to use. Just match the markings.



About halfway through.


The whole pattern put together. It took me about an hour to get this far.


Cutting the right lines and adjusting it to my measurements.


This is a pattern for tall women so I won't have to alter much in length front or back. I only need to do a FBA (full bust alteration) but I kind of cheated here and cut out some parts 2 sizes bigger.

The next step is to sew the bodice using some old cheap fabric to see where the pattern has to be altered further.

I'm planning to do at least two versions of the dress. A long one for summer and a short one made from gray silk for my son's first holy communion celebration in April.

Wish me luck!

So long!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Vielen Dank für Deinen Kommentar! Ich freue mich immer sehr über Feedback!
Hab noch einen wundervollen Tag!

Alles Liebe
Shelly